The Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor measures the amount of air ingested by the engine. The direct measurement of the air entering the engine is more accurate than calculating the airflow from the Manifold Absulte Pressure (MAP), the Intake Air Temperature (IAT), and the engine speed (speed/density).
· A replacement mass air flow sensor can cost anywhere from 20 to 600. Replacing a mass air flow sensor is fairly straight forward, so most of the cost comes from the cost of the part, and not the labor. If you are going to replace the MAF yourself, then I’d always recommend buying an OEM mass air flow sensor.
· The mass airflow sensor (commonly abbreviated to MAF) is one of the most important engine management sensors. A bad mass airflow sensor can leave your Pontiac Bonneville’s engine running rough, or even inoperable.. A MAF sensor measures the density of the air entering the intake manifold.
· Pontiac Bonneville P0102: MAF Sensor – Circuit Low. P0102 is a very common trouble code in the Pontiac Bonneville. It means the the Mass Air Flow (MAF) circuit is low, and that it is not performing within its specified operating range. We will cover exactly what that means and potential fixes for it below.
· Quick test to tell if Mass Air Flow Sensor is bad or dirty which could be causing your car or truck to run bad or keep cutting off.
· This article will show you how to test and diagnose a bad GM mass air flow (MAF) sensor on all of the early 90 thru'' mid 90''s Buick, Olds, Pontiac , and V6 equipped cars (to be more specific: 8996). If you need to just clean the MAF sensor, you can find this article here: Cleaning The MAF Sensor (at: ).
· Often mass air flow sensor readings are measured at idle, 1,000 RPM, 2,000 RPM and 3,000 RPM. A contaminated or bad air flow sensor will, in most cases, show lower air flow readings than a known good one.
MAF Sensor Testing The TechAssist Team It’s always a good idea to test a Mass Airflow (MAF) sensor before replacing it. Here is a fast and accurate way to track a MAF’s performance and output to the PCM. ... specifications for air flow at idle; some will provide specifications at several engine speeds.
· Year and Trim: 2001 Pontiac Bonneville SLE Okay.. so as ... Year and Trim: 2000 Bonneville SLE I do not see why you wouldn''t be able to. The ... Mass Air Flow Sensor: pnarron. 0. 1803. Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:34 am. pnarron. P0102: Mass Air Flow Circuit Low Input: umbrau44. 8. 11123.
Location of mass air flow sensor, 2000 Grand Prix GTP. Hi: The mass air flow sensor is a round sensor that is mounted in the air intake, between the air cleaner box and the engine throttle body. Read full answer. Feb 07, 2010 • 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix.
· If the car dies when you disconnect the mass airflow sensor, then that means it was working right and that your computer has issues. It isn’t able to use the tables programmed in it to guess the amount of fuel needed. Also, if the computer isn’t the issue, then it means one of the other sensors is probably off if the car isn’t able to ...
Home > Pontiac Bonneville > Mass Air Flow Sensor Genuine Pontiac Bonneville Mass Air Flow Sensor. 13 Results. We provide a full selection of genuine Pontiac Bonneville Mass Air Flow Sensor, tested and validated by Pontiac Bonneville for fit, form and function. Please filter the Mass Air Flow Sensor results by choosing a vehicle.
· Posts: 11. Year and Trim: 2005 bonneville se. I have a 2005 Bonneville Se and the service engine light keeps comming back on, it showed that I had a bad mass air flow sensor so i replaced the sensor and the air filter as well and checked for any leaks, well that worked fine for about a 100 miles and the the car started shutting off again. The ...
Pontiac Master. 8,984 Answers. Re: 2001 bonneville po101 maf code Replaced MAF ,MAP... No reflash. Check for vacuum leaks, clear the code. Let the pcm relearn the new sensors. Also check the connectors on the maf for bent pins or disloged pin sockets. Check wiring to make sure no insulation or other damage. Posted on Jul 08, 2017.
Related Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Content 1999 Pontiac Bonneville Randomly Kills Car Dies At Random Times (no Specific Mph, Turning, Stopping, Slowing Down Etc. Purely Random).
Verify that the Mass Air Flow Sensor wiring is connected properly and that there are no broken / frayed wires. ... Inspect all hoses and connections in the air intake system Inspect and/or test the intake manifold gaskets for leakage ... Pontiac Bonneville(2000) oil pressure sending unit.
· |P0101 PONTIAC code description The Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor measures the amount of air ingested by the engine. The direct measurement of the air entering the engine is more accurate than calculating the airflow from the Manifold Absulte Pressure (MAP), the Intake Air Temperature (IAT), and the engine speed (speed/density).
· How To Test The GM Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor: , , , and V8 Engines (19992010). En inglés únicamente. Puedes encontrar este tutorial en inglés aquí: How To Test The MAF Sensor (GM V6 19962005) (en: ). Síntomas Del Sensor MAF Fallando (Averiado)
· In this article, I''ll show you how to test the mass air flow (MAF) sensor on your GM (3800) vehicle without a scan tool. Now, in case you wondering if this test applies to your specific vehicle, this article covers the MAF sensor on 1996 thru'' 2005 V6 Buick, Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Pontiac V6 equipped cars.
· Every sensor is reading in compliance with one another, more throttle means less vacuum and the map sensor is reading that so as far as the computer can tell the two are working properly, downstream O2 sensor is showing clean exhaust gas because there is no air flowing over it. very little air flow over the MAF sensor though must be a bad mass air flow.
· I''m not sure of the proper testing method so I used my test meter and took some Ohm readings from the two units. If anyone knows more about testing these specific MAFs, please share. Here are my results: BMW Air Flow Meter/MAF Sensor Testing with Ohm Meter Siemens/VDO for e39, , 530i Sport (2001 model year, mfg. 02/01) BMW Part 13621438871
· Testing a 3 wire GM mass air flow sensor before replacing it based on the P0102, test to confirm the wiring integrity is good (the power and ground, as wel...
· A mass air flow meter removed from it’s housing. 1. Preliminary Steps. Recommended tools: OBD2 Code Reader / automotive scan tool > Data trouble codes: using an OBD2 code reader take note of any DTC present in the ECU memory. For doing so you only need to connect your code reader and turn the ignition key on (engine off), a state usually known as …
· What is Mass Air Flow Sensor in a car, problems, symptoms, mass air flow sensor testing, replacement. Home; For Used Car Buyers. Reviews of popular used cars; Best used cars to buy in 2021; What you should know when buying ... Often mass air flow sensor readings are measured at idle, 1,000 RPM, 2,000 RPM and 3,000 RPM.
It’s always a good idea to test a Mass Airflow (MAF) sensor before replacing it. ... specifications for air flow at idle; some will provide specifications at several ... Plot the horizontal points along the bottom of the graph paper for: 1000, 1250, 1500, 1750, 2000, 2250 rpm. 2. Mark increments of grams per second (voltage or frequency) up ...
Diagnostic Information and Procedures DTC P0101 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Performance For 1999 Pontiac Bonneville. This procedure is found in the Bonneville, Eighty Eight, LeSabre (VIN C/H) Service Manual. It is located in the section: Engine / Engine Controls / Diagnostic Information and Procedures. Service manuals, electrical schematics and bulletins for 1995 to …
· What would cause the mass air flow sensor constantly put out low input ... 2000 Pontiac Grand Am SEMaintenance Repair. ... Used Pontiac Bonneville. 100 listings starting at 4,999. Used Chevrolet Camaro. 1,087 Great Deals out of 15,260 listings starting at 1,995.